Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yield

I believe the Lord is speaking to us today to yield to Him.

The word "yield", according to Webster's Dictionary, means the following:
  • Submit
  • to give up and cease resistance
  • to give place
  • full surrendering after resistance or conflict to the will or control of another

2 Chron.30:8 - "Now do not stiffen your neck like your fathers, but yield to the Lord and enter His sanctuary....and serve the Lord your God...."

Job 22:21 - "Yield now (know intimately) and be at peace with Him."

Nugget of Gold: Our intimacy with the Lord is determined by the amount of yieldness in our lives - body, soul, and spirit. He desires that we be "filled up to all the fullness of Him", but He is able to fill only those places in us that are completely yielded to Him. So......we have as much of Him as we desire/allow.

Prayer: Lord, grant me the grace to surrender in each area of my life where I have not given You full control. Make me aware of each place in which You are not Lord so that I might repent and stop resisting Your Holy Spirit. Fill me Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment