Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hope For The Future

The Lord spoke these words, "Hope for the future", and then reminded me of promises that He has made to me over the years. There are three words in particular that He quickens to me on a fairly regular basis. Like many of you, I've maintained my faith and hope in these promises, knowing that "what He had promised, He was able also to perform" (Romans 4:21). However, the Lord showed me that I had actually lost hope for these words, and I found myself crying out for Him to revive my hope!

Hebrews 6:11 - "And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence so as to realize the full assurance of hope until the end."

Vines defines this full assurance of hope as expressing the completeness of its activity in the soul (mind, will, emotions). Thus, there's a completeness required of hope in order for it to become the substance of faith in Hebrews 11:1. The Lord showed me that when our promises haven't yet materialized in the natural, there's a remaining work of Holy Spirit in our souls.

When I prayed for the Lord to revive my hope, I was asking Him to cause it to become active again! Hope had become passive in my soul without my even realizing it.

Hosea 6:1-3 - "He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day, that we may live before Him."

NUGGET OF GOLD: Let us come before the Lord and cry out for Him to revive the hopes and promises for the future that have already been spoken over our lives. Then, fully trust Him who is able to bring these words to pass in our lives in His perfect time.

No comments:

Post a Comment