Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weapons of our Warfare

I have always believed that the Blood of Jesus is one of the most powerful weapons we have against the powers of darkness. I apply the Blood regularly to myself, my family, my physical home, etc. I understand that as with the children of Israel in Egypt, the application of the Blood creates a legal barrier, over which the demonic cannot cross.

In a recent dream in which I was under attack by the powers of darkness, along with several other believers, the Lord prompted me to take out my oil and anoint each of us. This combination of both the Blood and the Oil proved to be a more powerful barrier against the attack.

1 John 5:8 - "For there are three that bear witness (on earth), the Spirit (oil) and the water and the blood, and the three are in agreement."

Luke 4:1 - "And Jesus (Blood), full of the Holy Spirit (Oil), returned from the Jordan and was led about by the Spirit in the wilderness, for 40 days being tempted by the devil."

Nugget of Gold: It is necessary that we be continually cleansed by the "washing of the water with the word" (Eph.5:26), but also apply the Blood and ask the Holy Spirit for a fresh filling and a fresh anointing daily! In this way we will walk in victory, protected from the powers of darkness who seek to "kill, steal, and destroy."

1 comment: