Friday, November 20, 2009

Coming Out of the Wilderness

The Lord wants to do a new thing in each of our lives, but it requires us to "come out of the wilderness" into the new land that He has prepared for us - the place of our Inheritance! Regardless of our age or work history, we have been toiling under the hand of the taskmasters in the old field of labor - whether we're stay-at-home moms or corporate executives. We have been through a long period of "testing to know what was in our hearts" (Deut.8:2), in order that the Lord could bring us out to the place of freedom!

Gal.5:1;13 - "It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm, and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery....... For you were called to freedom, brethren, only do not turn your freedom into an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another."

The test of the "new thing" the Lord is doing in each of our lives is this: Was it born according to the flesh or by the Spirit of the living God? 1 John 5:4 tells us, "For whatever is born/begotten of God overcomes the world....."

Gal.4:23,24 - "But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise..... These women are two covenants."

Nugget of Gold: This is a year to enter into our inheritance. The eyes of the Lord are upon our land and we will not be able to walk in the same manner as before. We cannot continue to serve two masters - God and mammon (Matt.6:24). We must "be about our Father's business" (Luke 2:49) and allow the Holy Spirit to lead us in every step we take. We must have our minds renewed so that we're no longer walking "in the futility of our minds, being darkened in our understanding, excluded from the life of God." (Eph.4:17,18).

I believe the Lord has issued a decree on behalf of each of His children who heed His voice in this hour:

Rev.11:15 - "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord, and of His Christ, and He will reign forever and ever."

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I was just reading your post on FT111 Spirit of Prophecy (SOP) and I was asking you (yes, I was talking into my computer screen), "How do you know this about me?" The Spirit said, "Because I told her". "Oh" I answered, "that's right:)".
    It is such a true word. Now coming out is not like I thought it be. It's a little scary. I think I'm used to the dust and wind and dryness and I'm a little disoriented. Anyway, I know it's coming out time and I must step out and I'm not really sure where, but I know my Savior is right here.
    Bless you sis,
    Princess Ayo

    ReplyDelete