Monday, September 21, 2009

Claim Your Inheritance!

We have now entered the Jewish New Year, and according to Chuck Pierce, one of the chief hallmarks of this season is "occupying your inheritance".

I have just returned from my father's funeral, and I found myself thanking the Lord for His blessings and kindness and also claiming the inheritance that the Lord has for me and each member of my family:
  • My Mother, according to 1 Peter 3:1-6;8-12: The blessing God has for her because of 63 years of submitting to Dad with a humble, gentle spirit, keeping the peace and creating a harmonious home at all times. She truly is/was a "Sarah" to my father's "Abraham", showing him honor in all things and at all times.
  • Each of my 5 Sisters and 1 Brother, according to Eph.6:1-3: The blessing of a long life and of it being well with them because they have always honored their father and mother in both word and deed.
  • All of my Father's Household: Salvation because of the faith and prayers of my great-grandmother (on my father's side), who undoubtedly sowed the seeds that resulted in my father's salvation, as well as the rich spiritual inheritance that has been passed down through the generations.
  • My two children: Thanksgivings for their own inheritance, both spiritually (on both sides of the family), and materially through their father's family.
  • Myself: As my father's first born, the double portion inheritance of the first born upon the death of one's father. Even though I'm a female, I know that in the Lord, "there is neither male nor female" (Gal.3:28).

Nugget of Gold: Claim your inheritance! Let the Father reveal to you all the "riches of the glory of His inheritance in you" (Eph.1:18). Enter into your inheritance by faith. Stand as a Priest for the members of your family and claim their inheritance as well. Stand and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf as you agree with Him and declare and decree His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment